Things you should provide when you want to compose articles in Arabic:
- An operating system with Arabic enabled interface. For those who use Windows XP, these steps will guide you to how to enable the service. For Windows Vista or 7, go here.
- A word processor convenient enough for writing Arabic. For me, I prefer using Microsoft Word. Having MUI packs is preferred. It is free for Ms Office 2003, and commercial for 2007 or 2010.
- Dictionaries, preferably the digital ones. You can spend more time for writing your text than ruining your book shelves. Lingvosoft and Hans Wehr dictionaries are among preferred dictionary I usually use.
- This is optional, but if you are one who thinks that every second is money, then provide a translator. Al-Wafi will be a great choice.
To enrich aesthetical environment of your text, I suggest that you have these stuffs:
- Kelk, the awesome Arabic calligraphy maker
- Mushaf al-Madina an-Nabawiya, with which you can excerpt Qur’anic verses quickly and beautifully.
- M. Taufiq’s Qur’an in Word, for your Qur’anic excerption and translation.